The Fogline Hat is knitted from the brim up. The pattern uses slipped stitches to create an engaging gridded design in one color or a striking plaid in contrasting shades. Bonus, you can use this hat to swatch for your Fogline Sweater!
DK/Light Worsted weight yarn, approximately 105, 125, 150 (175, 210, 235) yards / 96, 114, 137 (160, 192, 215) meters. A bit more yarn will be needed to make a pom pom.
Note: Some of the samples shown were made holding two fingering weight yarns together.
22 stitches and 48 rounds= 4” in the Basket Stitch Pattern knitted in the round.
- US Size 5 / 3.75 mm circular needle, for the brim ribbing.
- US Size 6 / 4mm 16” / 40 cm for the hat body.
- 4 Double pointed needles of the same sizes suitable for small circumference knitting.
Always choose the needle size that you need in order to obtain the pattern’s gauge.
Designed to fit Baby, Toddler, Child (Adult S, Adult M, Adult L). Approximately 13, 14.5, 16 (17.5, 19, 20.5)”/ 33, 37, 40.5 (44.5, 48.5, 52) cm circumference and 6.75, 7.25, 7.5, (8.25, 9, 9.5)” / 17, 18.5, 19 (21, 23, 24) cm tall, unstretched. Recommended 2-2.5” / 5-6.5 cm negative ease for a snug fit.
- 1 Stitch Marker to mark BOR
- Highlighter Pen (optional – for highlighting your size’s instructions)
- Highlighter Tape (optional – to keep your place in the pattern)
- Measuring Tape
- Tapestry Needle
- Wool Wash and Blocking Mat
- Long Tail Cast On Method
- Knitting in the Round on a Circular Needle
- K2TOG Decreasing
- Small Circumference Knitting in the Round
- Mosaic/Slip Stitch Knitting
You May Also Like
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.