This hat was designed with texture in mind. And the honeycomb stitch pattern is easily memorizable. It will fit kid and adult heads alike. I like the smaller size for a closer, sporty fit. I wear the larger hat with the giant pom when I’m craving some slouch.
Worsted about 160 (200) yards. You’ll need a bit more if you’re adding a pom pom.
Shown Here: Malabrigo Worsted (Merino Wool; 210 yards/100grams) in the colorways Frank Ochre and Pigeon
Aran (8 wpi)
8 stitches/inch in Honeycomb Stitch Pattern in the round
- 16” circular needle US 7 4.5 mm
- 16” circular needle US 8 5.0 mm
- US size 8 5mm double-pointed needles OR 32”-40” 80-100cm circular needle for using the Magic Loop method
- Size 1: 17” 44.5cm unstretched circumference, 8” 20 cm high
- Size 2: 18” 46cm unstretched circumference, 9” 23cm high
- 9 to 12 Stitch markers in one color and one stitch marker in a contrasting color. Tapestry Needle, Row Counter (optional), Pom Pom Maker (optional).
You May Also Like
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.